VIOLIN – SOUTH INDIAN CARNATIC MUSIC SYLLABUS BASED ON ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITYEXAMINATION(GRADE CERTIFICATE PROGRAMME )
Violin is the classical music of South India. Lotus Kalai Koodam provides the unique opportunity for students to learn Violin for the convenience of their own flexible timing highly structured curriculum, a clear path for progression, and certifications for completion. Level Certificates are given to students at each of eight levels: Sa, Ri, Ga, Ma, Pa, Dha and Ni. Each level requires the student to complete the courses listed under it and pass the level exam. Students who are new to the school start with the first course in each of the levels, depending on prior experience. Entry into any level will require new students to take and pass the assessment for the prior level. Students who do not have any prior experience learning Indian/Carnatic music, covering the basic seven notes and perfection of the swaras. To be able to understand the concept of Pitch (shruthi) and Notes and ident. We are sending student for Annamalai University examinations, our students participated in various competition & Music events. Our students working us a Music teacher in various schools.
VIOLIN - CARNATIC INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC SYLLABUS BASED ON
ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY (GRADE CERTIFICATE PROGRAMME )
Grade - 1
1) Sarali Varisaikal : From 1 to 15.
2) Jandai Varisakal
3) Mel Sthayi varisaikal4) Saptha Thala Alankaram-s
Grade - 2
1) Sanjari Geetham - 3
2) Jathiswaram - 13) Swara Jathi - 14) Alankaras in Sankarabaranam, Pantuvarali and Karakarapriya ragas to be taught.
Grade - 3
1) Sanjari Geetham - 2
2) Jathiswaram - 23) Swara Jathi - 14) Athithala (thana) Varnam - 15) Alangaras in Todi & Kalyani Ragas to be taught.
Grade - 4
1) Athithala (thana) Varanam - 2
2) Simple keerthanas in the following ragasa) Mayamalavagaulai, b) Hamsathvani, c) Suddha Shanyasi, d) Kunthalavarali
1) Thanavarnam – Aathi thalam - 2
2) krithi-s to be taught in the following Ragasa) Panduvarali, b) Sri ranjani, c) Malayamarutham, d) Hamsanatham e) Hitholam,3) Thevaram - 14) Thiruppugazh - 1
1) Padavaranam – 1
2) Simple Keethanamsa) Hemavathi, b) Nattai, c) Kamas, d) Abogi3) Keethanams (2 Kalai)a). Kambothi, b) Bhairavi4) Thevaram – 35) Thiruppugazh – 3(Pathyam or Regional Sacred Songs to be taught instead of Thevaram
& Thiruppugazh)6) Ganaraga pancharathnam - 1.
Grade – 7 : Theory
1) Seven Svara-s and its Expansions
2) Short notes for the following terms :
Nadham, Sruthi, Swarasthanam, Arohanam, Avarohanam, Purvangam, Uttarangam,
a) Hemavathi, b) Nattai, c) Kamas, d) Abogi3) Explain the Following technical terms: Gitam, Swarajathi, Jathiswaram, Varnama). Kambothi, b) Bhairavi4) Structure and playing techniques of the following musical Instruments :
Thambura, Veenai, Violin, Flute, Mridangam,
5) Ragalakshanam for the following Ragams :
Mayamalavagowlai, Thodi, karaharapriya, Sankarabharanam, kalyani,
6) Biography for the following Vakkeyakara-s
Muthuthandavar, Thirugnanasambandar, Thirunavukkarasar
Grade – 8 : Practical
1) Raga Alapanai for the Following Raga-s
2) Compositions (krithi-s) set to Adi Thalam - 3a) Sri Ranjani
b) Purvi Kalyani
3) Compositions (krithi-s) set to Khanda Chappu Thalam - 2a) Suddha Saveri
4) Compositions (krithi-s) set to Misra Chappu Thalam - 2
5) Thillana - 2.a) Practise should be given in above mentioned Raga-s for Raga Alapani and Kalpana
Get In Touch
131- Main road , Lawspet.
22- Perumal koil street , upstair(Syndicate Bank),
villianur. Puducherry-605 110.